Sunday, December 16, 2012

Module 1 Blogroll

This module we had the opportunity to respond to the series of articles on the evolution of distance education and then implications on corporate, higher education, and k12 learning settings.

I responded to the following blogs:

Martha Bless
http://marthabless.posterous.com/
I mentioned the open university movement and the changes in DE since the articles publishing.

LeAnn Morris
http://leannmorris.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-evolution-of-distance-education.html
I talked about the (re)training drive of using DE and asked if DE is the right solution for first learning of concepts.

Reflection
All in all, we are fully aware of the impact of DE in changing society's expectations for education. We all know someone who is in DE whether as a student, teacher, or content provider; when we hear of students struggling in traditional high school we mention the online school, when we hear of companies downsizing their training department we talk about attending webinars, and so many working adults are turning to online higher education to advance in their jobs or start new careers.

Let's face it, distance education is not going anywhere. Let's make sure we're doing it right.

Cheers - Shar

No comments:

Post a Comment