This module we looked at the communication, collaborative interaction, and global diversity helping to propel the increased acceptance of distance education.
I responded to the following blogs:
Charles Gibson
https://charlestimelineproject.centraldesktop.com/thenextgenerationofdistanceeducation/doc/21631169/w-ElementsOfDistanceEducationDiffusion
I brought up the idea of using social media techniques to increase interaction in distance education.
Karen Wagoner
http://wagzz1.blogspot.com/2012/12/elements-of-distance-education-diffusion.html
I asked if having the communication technology automatically meant that we are communicating with each other.
Reflection
Each of the factors pointed out by Siemens (2008) relies on the ability to be connected to each
other which I believe is the true key to creating a true uniqueness to
distance education. I believe there has to be a sense of community and connection for the communication and interaction to take place on the diverse scale that we're talking about. There are more varieties of distance education popping up including commercial services like SnapClass. As a society, we realize the value of learning from experts remotely and we're continuing to find ways to connect the learner to the information. For over 10 years, Wikipedia has been connecting those who have the knowledge with those who want it, this service is a given for the developing nations who did not have ready access to information before the internet achieved critical mass.
Cheers - Shar!
No comments:
Post a Comment