We further explored the technology tools we identified last module and sorted them into categories based on their static or dynamic nature. I prefer to think of the technologies as single author versus crowd-sourced knowledge.
This module I responded to:
Sarita Ivey
http://iveylearninggarden.blogspot.com/2013/02/static-versus-dynamic-technologies.html
I asked about there is a place for static technology in DE, to serve as a foundation further knowledge creation.
LeAnn Morris
http://leannmorris.blogspot.com/2013/02/module-5-moving-toward-dynamic_3.html
I asked for clarification on how social networking is defined as static technology. And agreed that eBooks are a static technology that is definitely needed.
Reflection
In creating the final video, I was challenged to limit the amount of time on the video clips from others. I found the words and experiences of people who interact online (students, admissions) to be very revealing about the very nature of DE and the limitations that cause students to not engage in their learning environment. This knowledge coupled with the technologies we evaluated in this module shows me that there is a chance for increased probability that the student will be motivated to use the technology available to them in their online classroom. Is the key to learner engagement more tied to motivation or to the draw of the technology?
Cheers - Shar
No comments:
Post a Comment